Animal Defense League of Texas’s April Adopt-a-thon with Michelle Thorson
We enjoyed speaking to Michelle Thorson, Development and Marketing Manager for the ADL of Texas. She is an avid supporter of animal care and quite the pet parent herself! Listen to her interview in the player app above.
What is the ADL of Texas?
Chartered in 1934, the ADL is a non-profit organization that is a true no-kill shelter for abandoned, abused, or neglected dogs and cats. Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for these animals by providing needed medical care, including spaying and neutering. Food, shelter, and safety are also provided – along with compassion and attention. While maintaining a healthy and loving facility, ADL consistently works to find the best possible home for each resident animal.
Supported by contributions and directed by a volunteer board, the League provides programs and services which strengthen the bond between animals and people. Through grassroots advocacy, education and rescue, the organization is the leading voice for dogs and cats in crisis. Read more…
The ADL provides a variety of services and resources including:
- Sheltering of animals, regardless of their conditions when they arrive.
- Complete medical treatment provided to animals under the care of the shelter.
- Full-time veterinarian and staff who treat all resident animals
- Spay/neuter program for pets of low-income families
- Humane education programs in schools and the broader community
- Active adoption services to find homes for all the animals taken in by the ADL
Even after April 30th, there’ll be plenty of adorable pups and kittens for you to love! Visit the Animal Defense League of Texas today!
© 2021 Earball Audio Productions